I have some very exciting news today. Well, at least I think it’s very exciting. LOL!
We’re launching a podcast – The HR Bartender Show.
We know that people like to consume information many different ways. Some want to read, while others want to listen. And sometimes we want to do both. Personally, I like reading as well as listening to content.
We hope to launch the show at the start of the new year. Before we do, I wanted to share some of the things you can expect from the podcast.
- No separate podcast name. We toyed around with the idea of naming the show something different, but people recognize the name HR Bartender so we’re just gonna stick with it. You will be able to find recordings here on the blog as well as where you listen to your favorite podcasts – – like Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Podcasts.
- This will not be a weekly podcast. Think of The HR Bartender Show like your favorite television series. For our first year, we will have six episodes. I hope you’ll listen in for our pilot season and afterward, you’ll still have time to enjoy your other favorite shows. Maybe next season we’ll increase the number of episodes, but I honestly can’t imagine doing more than 10-12/annually.
- We’ll release the whole season at one time. Mr. Bartender and I like the Netflix’s series “Dead to Me”. One of the things we enjoy is that they drop the full season at one time. We think it might be fun to do the same thing. That way you can listen at your convenience. Wanna binge listen to the entire season on a road trip? You can do that. Or you can listen to an episode each day.
- Each podcast will have one takeaway. One of the regular pieces of feedback that I receive about HR Bartender (the blog) is that we focus on one takeaway at a time. We will do the same with each episode of The HR Bartender Show.
- Each podcast will be short. Ideally, I’m thinking less than 30 minutes. I will admit that when I’m listening to podcasts, I find after 30ish minutes that I start multitasking and my guess is some of you may do that too. The last thing we want to do is waste your time.
- Each podcast will be transcribed. I like listening to podcasts but when I want to refer to something that I heard in a podcast, I don’t want to relisten for the information and then have to transcribe it myself. We’ll do that for you. So, each episode will have show notes and be transcribed.
Oh! And I have one more exciting announcement. I’m thrilled to announce that our friends at Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) will be the founding sponsor for The HR Bartender Show. UKG is focused on helping organizations develop people-centered operations that will yield long-term business results. We look forward to partnering with them on this podcast.
Thank you so much for being a regular reader of HR Bartender. We hope you will enjoy listening to The HR Bartender Show as well. We’ve spent some time over the past couple of months recording great conversations and we really look forward to sharing them with you in The HR Bartender Show.11