One of my absolute must-attend events in the fall is the HR Technology Conference and Expo (nicknamed HRTech). This year’s conference is being held September 11-14, 2018 at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
If you’ve never attended HRTech, now is the perfect time. I don’t have to tell anyone the significance of technology in our personal and professional lives. HRTech attracts all the major players in human resources technology as well as emerging companies with very cutting-edge ideas.
I have to admit, I knew very little about HRTech prior to becoming a blogger. I’ve been going to the conference now for about five years, and it’s the people that keep me coming back. Sometimes technology gets a bad rap for preventing people from talking to each other. That’s not been my experience at HRTech and it’s what makes the event special.
I’m a firm believer in going to conferences with a plan. Here are five activities that I have on my calendar.
- HR Tech: Plan Your Ideal Conference Experience. Industry expert and Founder of HRExaminer John Sumser is conducting a webinar on Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 2p Eastern that will tell you how to maximize your time during the conference. Specifically, he’s going to share how to identify the sessions and vendors that will get you the return on your investment. I do understand the webinar is in a few days so, if you’ve already got something scheduled, register anyway and get the recording.
- Women in HR Technology. Don’t let the title deceive you. This isn’t a “women only” session. HRTech started this preconference workshop a couple of years ago and it gets bigger and better every year. So, spend Tuesday, September 11, 2018 learning about diversity, inclusion, and equality. You’re sure to find some great takeaways to bring back to work.
- Wellness Pavilion. This might be a new addition to this year’s program – I know I’m looking forward to checking it out. While I love Las Vegas, I equally enjoy going to conferences that place an emphasis on wellness and wellbeing. And, I can’t wait to hear Arianna Huffington’s keynote session during the conference. Who says technology and wellbeing can’t peacefully coexist?!
- HR Tech Talks. Speaking of new things, one presentation track I knowis new is HR Tech Talks. These are short (20 minute) presentations that will take place in the expo. The focus is on providing practical information is a casual, conversational format. I’m delighted to be one of this year’s speakers. Hope you’ll stop by to hear “Offboarding is Just as Important as Onboarding” on Wednesday, September 12 at 10:30a.
- EXPO! A real star in the HR Technology Conference is the expo. I believe it’s important to support the sponsors and exhibitors that support our profession. And one of the ways to do that is by walking through the expo. HRTech has created a nice expo schedule where exhibitors can do demos of their product in the right environment for everyone.
So, if you want to learn more about human resources technology, it’s not too late to include HRTech in your schedule. Another thing that HRTech is really good about is discounts. You can save an extra $300 with Promo Code LAUBY18. I look forward to seeing you there!14